View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
You should have said it.

This is not a rant against Facebook, but after a few years of being there I'm starting to notice that Facebook is just an avenue that helps friends take their friendships for granted. There's no need to call, or visit or even text or e-mail - it's all on Facebook.

Sharing and commenting on status updates is not a friendship of any sort.
Well, I have a hard time with confrontation. I'm not afraid...I just LOATHE arguing with people. Dealing with hurt feelings(I'd rather just suck it up, myself - than deal with possibly hurting their feelings).

I'm a facebook whore. I can't leave it alone. Checking it constantly. I NEVER wanted to join...and Michelle2677(remember her, from here?) dragged me kicking and screaming, onto FB. And I became hooked!

Fact is...I have MANY more friends now, because of FB, than I used to. And I mean in real life! I used to be really anti-social, and after joining FB, I ended up invited to a couple of parties(where I literally only knew one person), and it was funny. Everybody liked me, and all of the sudden I was in the middle of this huge social circle in my town, that I was never a part of, before. I've analyzed the hell out of it, and it's true, I really owe it all to FB. I have party invitations almost every weekend, now...
And I meet with friends from there(that I never knew before) a couple of times a week, for dinner.