View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Because advisors saw that it sells. And I guess players saw it as participating in the theater play. Many bands do it. Springsteen actually did have a theater play where he was doing the exact same lines every night.

But that’s all for people seeing shows just once. Bands are usually aware if they have fans following them around and change the s et list and the banter to respect those fans. Not FM. They couldn’t care less, even though they knew well fans are following them to multiple shows. Just money, and lazy money. As people are saying any creativity in live shows was gone after Mirage tour, and from the Dance in it was a corporate show.
I've always felt like Fleetwood Mac never had a clue about their die-hard following, especially since 1997. They acknowledged that their crowds became highly diversified in age, but I don't think they ever realized how many younger, major fans were up front for multiple shows and multiple tours between 2003-2015. They've always pandered to the casual fanbase that came to see the hits.

I think Lindsey's eyes have been opened upon seeing so many fans following his solo tours and being very enthusiastic about his album catalog, not necessarily "the hits". He's been more accessible in general over the past 10+ years. I think he realizes that although his solo material is not exactly mainstream, he has a very dedicated base.