View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie and Chris faced each other to sing the chorus in You Make Loving Fun in 2014 and the final verse of "Everywhere" in 2014, which was sweet.

I didn't care for All Over Again. The song just drags on. And I thought it was tacky that Stevie had the lyrics on the screen during the performance as if 15,000 people were going to sing along. What would've been appropriate was closing with Crystal so Stevie could sing lead on a song she wrote, or even duet it with Chris.
Even Second Time if it had to be a ballad. Playing a song from Time but not BTM just wasn't fair.
While the song didn’t impress me much, I thought it was super cool to see them sing a full duet. I really wish they had sang As Long As You Follow; not only is it one of my favorite songs, but also they’ve never performed it live and it seemed an appropriate song choice for the finale. Plus it’s a song they both recorded.

Since I wasn’t familiar with All Over Again, I was actually really glad they put the lyrics on the screen- I didn’t think it was done so we could sing along, I though it was so we would know what they were saying. I also thought it was pretty powerful they chose a song from their least known album to close the set. Pretty nervy, in fact. We were all expecting Songbird and instead we got a duet with Christine and Stevie.