View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well thanks! I have the fun task of being angry at "you know who" and making sure this doesn't get out of control. I blame Lindsey for bringing up Trump in the article. Did he fall down and hit his head on the pavement? Who's the PR guy?
well... in all seriousness, this could put him in an interesting position, if he's working without at PR person.

Stevie clearly is, and she's clearly working with PR people who are of a younger generation, or at least who are aware of the current climate of how one can talk about women and their life choices, especially if one is a white male. I can see all the "right" buzzwords in her statement which has clearly been crafted by someone other than her (e.g., respecting life choices, a woman gets to make her own life choices, it's her right to do so, she took herself out of a toxic situation, not good for her well being, everyone has the right to define the boundaries of what is and isn't healthy for them). He has been rich and famous for such a long time now and he's of a baby boomer generation who don't always realize (like it or not, that's another issue) how things have changed. (As a side note, I recently watched a really good new series on Netflix starring Sandra Oh from Grey's Anatomy/Killing Eve as a professor at an old established university, and one of the characters gets totally blown up (figuratively) in this kind of attempt to express his thoughts to a younger generation..scarily realistic).

Not saying I think this is all ok, just that times have changed. And that she is clearly not above pushing her own very drastically revised version of history with regard to herself and her "feminism". And she's not above pulling in others like Azoff and who knows who else to publicly dump on him and support her. (Her mentioning that she could make a list of things from 1968-2018 and maybe she will some day in a memoir seems like a not-so-veiled threat to me...)

Also in today's world everyone already has picked their side and doesn't listen to facts or anything that contradicts that (hence the politics example, or even the whole Harry/Meghan situation, etc). so anyone in the Stevie tribe won't listen to any of it.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-09-2021 at 07:48 PM..