View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I don't think this is going to get Lindsey and closer to rejoining the band, but I applaud him telling his truth. They really did him wrong back in early 2018, going on CBS and spouting lies. He has no reason to lie, he's gone from the band and has his own solo career. He could have easily said, yea, I'm hard to work with and I give Stevie a hard time, so I should be gone. The truth is hard and ugly. Stevie didn't want to record anymore because she has no new songs. Lindsey even sent her music tracks to put lyrics too and she wouldn't do it. Pride I guess. She wanted the band to behave and play songs she wanted. And It would be hard to see Lindsey still active and mobile on stage when she is not as able to do that anymore. She should have given up the boots long ago and gone with a lower heel and not those awful Frakenbocks. It's all about her image.
He states (in RS interview I think) that that is what he would do for her in the past implying that some of her songs during FM heyday were actually collaborations with him. I wish he would be more specific. I mean I think we know he totally crafted Rhiannon, Dreams, Silver Springs, etc into the songs we know because her original versions were far less dynamic (for mass market release).

Ok, found it. Here's his quote:
“I sent her some tracks of mine, because back in the prime Fleetwood Mac creative days that was something that fulfilled her. It completed her in a way that I don’t think she has been completed since. She could have availed herself of that, but she didn’t want to.”

Not sure what he means by it "completed her"... it sounds like he means creatively but maybe also personally?? It feels like a possible reference to her work with Dave (and others, but that was her most recent)... where she put her lyrics to musical tracks Dave wrote (even though Dave started with her lyrics and created a track based on that, and then the two of them came back together and she worked on writing the melody for her words to his track). We know that she couldn't work out Soldier's Angel to her satisfaction with Dave and had to call in Lindsey to bail her out. the reality is, she did that a LOT all throughout her solo career, without ever giving him any public (or maybe not even private) credit. Tom Petty mentioned it in an interview, how he would struggle with what to do when trying to produce some of her songs and then Lindsey would come in with something and Tom would go "Oh, of course!" when he heard Lindsey's inputs. He went on to say that Lindsey "really is her best producer". But she's always insisted she got successful totally without his help

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-09-2021 at 01:49 PM..