View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Junior Ledgie

I respectfully disagree. I say that, because I am not aware of it being fact how John feels, or if that's the main problem, however, if there is such proof, please let me/us know. As for OPINION, I would agree that a big riff is McVie/Green but not for the "Peter warning Chris" thing- in docs I've seen on the subject I get the impression all parties considered Peter's "warning" to simply be a friend looking out for friend(s). I get the impression Peter felt John could not handle marriage at the time (and it would seem he was correct). While John may not have liked it at the time (and I would even debate that) I would figure he has long since "forgiven" Peter for that.

I think the big thing is that John has never forgiven Peter for "changing". And by that, I mean a MAJOR factor for John was the "Munich incident", but I see it as more than that. I see John sad at what was once a dear close friend, "changing" or leaving him/the band. Wanting to give the money away, becoming isolated, leaving the band etc. I suspect Peter rarely, if ever, talked to John after leaving, and I suspect John was "hurt" by that. Mick probably was also, but over years, "reached out" to Peter and re-established a "partial" relationship. John has not (to my knowledge). In fact, in one of the docs, John mentions how he was close to going to see Peter once but "couldn't". John says something like he prefers to remember Peter the way he was.

To a larger point, I think that is the MAIN obsticle- that Peter is no longer the same person he was in the 60s, and I suspect he "fears" people want him to be (and he can't be). I know nobody is the same, and I know plenty of people like "old" Peter and "new" Peter, but I feel like Peter must feel like it's almost an alter ego of himself. John, and Mick, have not changed that much, by comparison.

Thirdly, I believe Jeremy might also be somewhat hesitant to attempt to "relive the past".

I would LOVE to see a reunion of the original Fleetwood Mac. The only way I see it happening is the combination of many factors. First, everyone involved would have to allow this to be something "new"- not a rehash of the old. Mick cannot turn this into a "Greatest hits" thing- I'd say Peter and Jeremy would have to be allowed to play what they want to (and don't want to). Second, John would have to forgive whatever it is that he harbors towards Peter, and possibly Jeremy(?). Third, Peter, and to some extent Jeremy, would have to see this as a group of musicians/freinds (?) simply getting together today for old times sakes. Not an attempt to live in the past, or even "measure up to it". I suspect that's another problem- many musicians besides Peter & Jeremy do not wish to have a "reunion" for fear that it won't "measure up" to the legacy. Robert Plant comes to mind. Of course, I say baloney! I think if Peter & Jeremy were allowed to play whatever they wanted to, and Mick & John allowed this, it would be great. And while I'm dreaming- oh my gosh if anyone could ever find Danny and if he could ever be a part, but unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed.

I know Jeremy and Peter must be sick of people asking- how about a reunion? as it's really not under any one person's control. But if they could ever get the stars to align, I can assure them, there would be plenty of people that would love to see them play together again, WHATEVER it might be.

How about it Jeremy- if you (and Peter) were given control, would you? (sorry, couldn't resist We can hope and dream can't we?)