View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The tracking order is wrong. The opening tune is garbage to introduce the new line up. I do like some of Stevie's songs (Illume is wonderful, love the guitar sound) . I don't like her getting more and more nasal. I do love some of Lindsey's writing and most of his songs.
But as an album, face it.. it doesn't flow like a BuckVie, or have that Tusk weirdness that makes it work. It doesn't have that sparkle of even Tango which flows so beautiful (until you know who ruins it).

Time has great songs, love the opening number, but the production is terrible and inconsistent. The running order is garbage as well.
I love What's The World Coming To, even though I can't stand the album. It's too f*cking LOOOONNNNGGGG, with too many snoozers.

This man's obsession with double albums while we're living in a "single downloads" world has dated his effectiveness as a producer. Brevity and the ability to self edit are gifts he seems to have lost.