View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 01:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

I figured the BuckVie project didn’t sit well with Stevie. But she doesn’t want to record with FM and went out and did 24k Gold when FM were begging her to record with them. She is totally within her rights to refuse but then why would she be angry re BuckVie? It’s not supplanting sales for FM or her solo work really. Or at least not much more impact than LB solo work.

I do think FM command a much higher income on tour than SN solo and it’s just a lot more hype, sold our venues etc. I am curious as to whether Stevie nets a lot more when she has to split FM tour $$$$ than she gets for solo tours. I have to think FM commands enough of a higher income and bigger audiences for SN to continue with it enough to push LB out. If it were close, she could just dump touring with FM and move on like she has basically done re recording music since Say You Will.

My sense is that Christine likely didn’t have the political capital to push hard against Stevie. Though I do wonder if Chris said she wouldn’t tour without LB, whether it would have mattered. That said, it seems like she was not in a place emotionally/temperamentally to push against the snowballing momentum of SN/MF/manager to push LB out. On one hand, it stinks that she was part of the ouster after such a good experience with BuckVie. OTOH, I am sure dealing with 45+ years of LB/SN drama/vitriol must be exhausting for the McVies (I get MF loves the drama), and I get them saying, whatever, we just want to do shows.