View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
With the death of Christine McVie, another solo tour for Stevie Nicks in 2023, and an upcoming solo album from Lindsey Buckingham, I find it exceedingly unlikely that there will be any further activity from the band. Personally, I'm at peace with this. If Mick Fleetwood wants to pull together former Fleetwood Mac members for a one-off performance, I would be fine with that, but anything more would risk tarnishing their legacy even further.
Absolutely agree with this. If they want to do some sort of one-off show in honor of Christine, I'd want to see that, and then no more Fleetwood Mac.

My prediction is that Mick will want to tour again, and Stevie would likely be up for it once audiences start to get tired of her solo tours. John's probably done with touring, and I doubt Mick would feel right about using the Fleetwood Mac name without a Mac (and also John co-owns the trademark with him) - so they'll go out as "Fleetwood Nicks & Friends" or something like that. They can tap whoever they want to fill out the band as the "& Friends" - Mike and/or Neil, Vanessa Carlton, Sheryl Crow, all 3 Haim sisters, Harry Styles, the ghosts of Prince and Queen Elizabeth, etc...