View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Knowing who Stevie Nicks is, appreciating her music, and her being "relevant" in the scheme of the entertainment business are two different things. She (and Fleetwood Mac) are probably the least relevant artists in music biz today. Who IS relevant? Justin Beiber (or whatever his name is), the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, etc. That's a fact. I've had to learn to accept it, why can't you? Heck, just about every artist I like (and that's a LENGTHY list) is "irrelevant" in the scheme of things.

Has absoLUTELY nothing to do with me "being bitter"...which I'm not in the f***ing least. And a pox on you for even suggesting that.
Well now you are just swearing and arguing the definition of relevance.

In case you didn't know, there is more to music than Justin Beiber and Miley Cyrus in the eyes of the younger generation today. I live in it. You would be surprised when you scan everyone's shared Itunes at a college campus, how many of them have Fleetwood Mac's VBO or Stevie's Timespace. I would say 60-70% have one or the other. Sure they aren't putting out new music, but everyone I went to school with knew about FM coming to my area and that I was going.