View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Stevie and Harry were in Rome, Italy in May? May 2020 or May 2021? Neither year could be considered a safe time to be in Italy with the pandemic and all.

Or are you joking around and they weren’t in Rome and I’ve fallen for the joke?

Moving on from that curiosity (maybe you meant May 2019 they were in Italy, who knows?) I must agree that despite the 24 Karat Gold Tour set list being one of Stevie’s “less safe” set lists, it was still pretty safe. All the classic hits were there (except she dropped the tired old “Dreams” from the set for part of the tour - they put it back in later) and she did a mere THREE songs from her latest studio album.

I thought Gold and Braid was a hopeless choice to open the set. I don’t even know which album it comes from and when you are an established singer with a fan base then you ought to open with either:
(A) A very well known catchy upbeat song from your catalogue that the most casual fans would even know
OR
(B) choose boldly and open with a new song off your latest album - why not Starshine, given it is super catchy and was a single?

If I got to choose the “new” songs I wanted to hear at those concerts:
- Starshine (tick)
- Belle Fleur (tick)
- 24 Karat Gold
- All the Beautiful Worlds
- Hard Advice (acoustic version with Waddy or Dave Stewart)
- Twisted
- Watch Chain
- I Don’t Care (and dedicate it to Lindsey by saying “I’d like to take a moment. Just to dedicate this newish song to Lindsey. Because it’s not written about him, but it just sums up so perfectly how I feel about him trying to record a Fleetwood Mac album without me… you’ll hear it when I sing it… “I don’t mean it, I do care. I would follow you anywhere. Lindsey, what would my life be without you in it? Jealous, broken, lost and angry” … this is “I Don’t Care”.)
Now I’m just being cheeky.
- She Loves Him Still (This should have either closed the set or been the second last song played before Landslide.)

Quick question was Landslide the last song she played on this tour? It was the encore, like it is on the live album, right?
Stevie and Harry did a private show for Gucci in May of 2019. Harry did Stop Draggin and Landslide w. her.

Landslide was the last song, but she started the tour closing the set with Leather and Lace.

She should've dumped Gold Dust Woman, Landslide, Rhiannon, and Gypsy for Rooms on Fire, Talk to Me, I Can't Wait, & Whole Lotta Trouble that way you're still doing radio songs over deep cuts. Oh well.