View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Ridiculous. The man is almost 72 years old. His name has been in the public eye since 1975.

What are you talking about? Those who liked Buckingham before he got fired still like Buckingham. Those who didn’t still don’t, and those who didn’t give a damn one way or the other — the American Idol TV audience — still don’t.

Glad to hear you agree, since it’s completely true!

That crowd doesn’t care whether they hear the opening chords of “Go Your Own Way” or “Never Going Back Again” or “On the Atcheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe.” The only reason he is doing this show is to appear on TV. To what end, even I can’t fathom. Probably just some hare-brained publicity thing (as if publicity has ever had any measurable effect on his non-Fleetwood Mac work?).

Nobody watching the show who didn’t already know and like Buckingham will make any “connection.” They’ll sit there and watch an old man sing something and wonder who the hell he is and why he’s on American Idol.

Working with David Byrne — which I posited as an example — isn’t a publicity stunt. Appearing on American Idol is a publicity stunt. Unfortunately, it will fail to create much of a stir, outside Buckingham’s longtime audience. Nobody else will care at all.

No, I don’t, Mr. Literal-minded.

Maybe I’m more rational than you?
Wow- thanks for the sentence by sentence analysis telling me how wrong I was about, well, everything.