View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was responding to the post about the 2014 tour. Right before that tour started Chris and Lindsey started recording which would eventually turn into their duet album. However as that successful tour ran on, there was talk of a studio album and they signed a contract for a large tour. The tour happened - just not with Lindsey and the album happened - just not with Stevie. But the point I was making that it would have been a fantastic ending.....a studio album, new music and farewell tour. I was talking about what was SUPPOSED to happen vs what actually happened. Does that make sense?
To me it does! Maybe the biggest mistake they made was immediately doing that 2014-15 tour when they did. But again, I’m sure Stephanie was the driver there. I think it would’ve been better to record the album first and start generating a Fleetwood Mac “reunited” buzz. And then maybe late in 2015 and into 2016, do the tour after the album was released. Their insistence on going right back on tour less than a year after ending the 2013 tour basically spelled out exactly what “this reconvening of these five people” was going to be about.