View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Mike Campbell's recent comments sorta bothered me. He mentioned the tour being great and the people being great, but more than anything it was an all expenses paid trip around the world. A vacation with some shows thrown in.

It would have been that way with Lindsey as well, but it just doesn't sit well with me. What was done to Lindsey and the botched last act/legacy of the band, I'm glad Mike Campbell got a world class vacation out of it all.

It really was just another gig for Mike and Neil. Oh... and Christine got to buy that house. (I'm sorry Chris, I love ya...but that comment was low)
I read that article the same way. It just proves to me that what we said all along was true and that this wasn’t some new band who were going to create anything. It was Stevie’s way to stick it to Lindsey and make FM tour money at the same time. For Campbell and Finn, they were well paid touring musicians. Their time in Fleetwood Mac would ultimately be less memorable than Dave Mason, Billy Burnette, or Rick Vito if it wasn’t at the stage of life that the rest of the band members were at. That period will only be remembered since it will go down as the last stage of Fleetwood Mac going out as dysfunctional and ridiculous as ever. There is no sense that this was an actual band being creative - Finn singing Lindsey’s parts and Campbell trying (at times painfully) to replicate Buckingham on the guitar. And 4 years later, Mike Campbell clearly didn’t see it as anything but him helping out Stevie and the band do their tour.