View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/17/fleet...sound-9973482/

Fleetwood Mac fans leave Wembley Stadium concert early after complaining about ‘horrendous’ sound

Becky Freeth, Monday 17 Jun 2019 12:20 am

Some Fleetwood Mac ticketholders were asking for a refund after the first of the legendary band’s two London shows on Sunday night. In certain parts of the Wembley Stadium venue, fans praised the ‘amazing’ and ‘unbelievable’ show, while for others, the sound was described as ‘unbearable’.

It prompted ‘hundreds’ of the 90,000-strong crowd, who paid up to £150 for tickets, to leave the venue early, saying it had ruined their night.

‘Sound is horrendous – Wembley staff can’t do anything about it,’ one fan wrote on Twitter.

‘Can’t hear anything but echo – £150 a ticket – annoyed doesn’t cover it and they’ve moved as few people as they can. Shocker.’

Yet, many fans found quite the opposite, one with replying: ‘Ours was brilliant I was up front – I guess the engineer didn’t walk to the back – as I front of the desks it sounded amazing!’

Some ticketholders said they were ‘unable to hear a single word’ complaining that the audio was ‘muffled’ in some areas of the venue.

Others found it so ‘unbearable’ they said they walked out and footage from inside the venue shows many seatholders heading for the exits.

One fan said: ‘We left, the sound was honestly unbearable. Really feel for everyone there tonight, especially Fleetwood Mac. How can I claim a refund?’

Another suggested: ‘Please turn off the repeaters, they are ruining the sound. @Fleetwoodmac’.

Defending the band, others argued that video of fans leaving their seats actually showed fans grabbing refreshments during the notoriously long World Turning instrumental.

Representatives for Live Nation and Wembley Stadium have been approached for comment.

Despite the technical issues in some parts of Wembley Stadium, for some Fleetwood Mac fans, the show was described as ‘amazing’ and ‘brilliant’

It’s the first of two shows this week that forms part of the legendary band’s 28-date around the world tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.