View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Out Of The Cradel is great....Take out the little crappy instrument introductions for me and it would be perfect.
Oy! Arrow through my heart! I love the instrumental introductions!

Quote:
OOTC (the album I DO own!!) reminds me of my dad! He plays acoustic guitar (Instr Intro ..) and he and I really connected over my appreciation for Lindsey, especially Never Going Back Again which is one of his favourite songs. When I got the OOTC CD we sat down and listened to it together and discussed it. So yeah - bonding all round lol! Thanks Lindsey!
That's really nice. Considering some of the subject matter of the album, which I think is about a father and son relationship and familial relationships generally, it's very apropos.

Lindsey's albums remind me of the seaons for some reason. I even relate certain seasonal colors to each album. Law and Order is late spring to me. It's bright yellows, greens and reds. It's a time of year that I think of as emerging from the cold. It's when kids are getting out of school and it's playful, innocent, lighthearted, silly, mischevious, adventurous.

Go Insane is late fall and winter. It's all cast in shades of blue (which the cover artwork actually is). While I know that time of year means joyful holidays to some, I probably tend to be one of those who gets the holiday blues. The album is compelling and lonely and feeling the chill of winter, struggling under the heavy rush of forced cheer, just trying to hold out until the thaw comes.

Out of the Cradle is late summer/early fall. (My favorite time of year.) It's all those autumn colors - beiges and browns and golden yellows and burnt oranges and a little green and red. The album is very warm and open. It's the time of year for a lot of reflection. You're a little wistful about the summer coming to an end and the year-end closing in, but feeling good and healthy and in a comfortable place.

Well, that's just a little bit about me, I guess.

Last edited by Les; 01-22-2003 at 03:33 PM..