Thread: One More Night
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Please, nobody kill me, but I happen to really love that demo. Her voice is killer to my ears. The piano is a little blocky and chunky but the singing is classic Chris.

But, too, I love the song in general — one of my all-time favorites.
It was recorded post Tusk tour for friends and family on 09/03/80 at the Santa Monica Auditorium. They did not play there during the Tusk tour but the Eagles had 3 sold out nights there that year for the Long Run Tour.
If the liner notes are to be believed, Fireflies and Farmers Daughter was recorded the following day which means this was a 2 day event there?
I would love to know the details about these recordings post Tusk tour. It must have been a tremendous and fun event. I cant even imagine the party that was rocking that place for at least 2 days. The Live album was not a huge success and these gems almost get lost. The passion from Chris's live vocal I dont know could have been duplicated in the studio. I assume Dennis was probably there?