Thread: Mirage at 40
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Mirage died after five weeks at number one. The Australian band Men at Work, who had opened for us on the road, saw their album go to number one shortly thereafter.
So...Men At Work did it, and they became a success shortly after that...

It's rare maybe, but it's always rare to know that some of the 70s bands were living at the same time than "newer" bands, which were experimenting with new sounds!
I don't know if I'm explaining it well, but it's a very big difference of sounds between the works of bands like FM and Men At Work. You listen to Down Under and you know it's from 1983. But if you hear Love In Store you think you're still in 1979-80 maybe!

So, Mirage had a very short life, unfortunately...It was a very amazing album, you know I'll always think that, but what became later was not what we lived with the Tusk days. In fact, Christine, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey were SO busy with their own projects...What could have happen if Mirage was released in 1984-85 and not in 1982?? Would be possible a mix of songs from the solo albums?? Could it be a success?? Could it have the same songs than the original release??