Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Okay, I’ll be the contrary Mary and say I feel the songs on ITM blow the 1984 songs away. About 5 of the songs on the self-titled album are strong (and two of them are amazing). But pretty much all of the songs on ITM (excepting Easy Come Easy Go) are excellent.

I never thought she needed Lindsey, even if I love their collaborations. I’m with SteveMacD and Jbrownsjr when I say many of her songs independent of LB’s involvement are bullseyes.

I do agree that Stevie taught Weston everything he knew. She is great that way, a real musician’s musician.
Probably the basis of my opinion is based on where I was in life. 1977-1984, FM could do no wrong. I worshiped everything about them(even the old goat). So 1984 holds a....more special place in my heart. ITM sounds slicker. Just like Tango sounds slicker(WAY too slicker,lol). I like a record to sound like a BAND. Not a computer, with every note quantized and pitch corrected.

Even if we disagree, at least we agree that $tevie is the greatest musician EVER!!!