View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 04:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Love In Store sounds unfinished. It's like there were supposed to be additional Lindsey magical touches and they never got included. There's just these weird gaps of nothingness. One of her only songs that just dronesssss along. Mick's playing is totally uninspired and John sounds like he "just fell off the stage"
I agree with all of this about Love In Store, except I think it somehow works okay in Mirage as a whole, especially as the opening track, both musically (establishing the Law & Order/retro sound of the album) and lyrically (keep listening--we've got lots of cool songs in store).

Christine's voice is like golden honey on Honey Hi--my only gripe (other than the slightly drunk-dial lyrics) is that it's too short and it stops just as they get into the swing of it with the amazing harmonies. I wish they had dropped the Songbird rip-off Never Make Me Cry and taken Honey Hi to the next level, making a real "finished" track out of it. But hey it fits in within the context of Lindsey's two minute tracks.