View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
In 1995 she was asked about Bill Clinton. He exact words were: "I would have never voted for him but I was honored he picked our song".
Thats a class act!

There is a funny political question in the Dance rehearsal interviews where the guy from Entertainment Tonight and brought up the inauguration. He asked if it was something they would consider doing in the UK. He threw out the example of Tony Blair who was a newly elected Labor Prime minister. You should have seen Chris and John's reaction. Even though it was casual in nature and Tony Blair was given as an example, Chris clapped back that they would never do anything for the Labor party. You would have thought the interviewer pointed a gun at them. Their reaction was very bold.

I dont know why they needed to practice to a recorded track. I remember Lindsey specifically saying they did not need to practice since they could play the song in their sleep. Maybe things were not right during practice and felt the need to pre-record the track.
i found the link to that...at 6:49...chris says 'ooo we'd have to think very carefully about that', and it was actually john that said ,'not labour.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGBji-8-3jo

and here's link to the interview where chris said she probably would have voted democrat, at 5:09... i guess later on she had a change of heart about that! (and of course john next to her then says 'I voted...for one of 'em' lol argh he's so adorable.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lc7hE9TIr0&t=940s

i wonder if the rehearsal was more to get an understanding of what else would be happening while they played...like when in the song chris had to invite clinton to join them, who would be coming up on the stage surrounding them etc..it does seem odd to have to rehearse don't stop for 3 days lol

--Lis

Last edited by Penguin Emeritus; 01-21-2023 at 01:57 PM..