View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Last night's show in DC was my first seeing Lindsey truly solo (so, not counting two Buck/Vie shows last year) since 2007 in Austin, when he played at a theater that I had classes in at the University of Texas! Happy to report we've both gotten bolder, both gotten older since then.

I don't have much more to add than what's already been said about these shows. His voice is really remarkable, the band sounds great, and he seemed to be really enjoying himself. As Elle alluded to, there was some feedback during Never Going Back Again, and I think some sort of pedal issue that he discovered just before Street of Dreams. But the audience really heaped praise on him in between songs.

The OOTC stuff was what I was looking forward to most and sounds really great, but what surprised me the most was how good the stuff rom Go Insane sounds. Slow Dancing was a highlight for me, as was Go Insane itself (also: does he use a pick for this one? It looked like it broke in his hand, mid song? He kind of made a face and kept going.) I always enjoyed his acoustic version of that song, but I never really liked it when FM played it as a band in 2009. But with this band, it just works. I think he's figured out a way to translate the recordings to the stage -- they sound updated but true to the originals.

I'll add my voice to the chorus of folks praising Jimmy Paxson, too. That guy is killer back there, and based on Lindsey's comments during introductions, he recognizes that, too.

Oh, and I did my part to fill the place last night by getting two of my wife's friends to go with us! They're casual Fleetwood Mac fans, but would never pay the ticket prices they're asking for those arena shows. LB's show was not on their radar, but they were really glad they went -- loved it! And my wife surprised me by saying her two favorites were Shut Us Down ("I like the beat," lol) and "Rockaway Blind." She's got good taste!

Looking forward to my front row seat to the York show next month!!!