Thread: Who is THAT???
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Who is THAT???

I was just wondering what you Ledgies thought of each album when you heard it for the VERY FIRST TIME?

I just got into the band last March, so it's easy for me to remember how I felt hearing them for the first time. I ordered Tango and Mirage first, knowing how big a fan of the 80's I am, and when I first heard Tango, my mouth fell open, especially when I heard Tango and You and I, Part II. I knew Little Lies and Everywhere and I had heard Big Love from the Greatest Hits, the first album of FM I got to get a taste of the GREATNESS to come.

I got the White Album and Rumours next, WOAH, it was so awesome to hear those two albums, I knew Rhiannon, SYLM, Dreams, GYOW and Don't Stop but the others BLEW MY MIND as well. When I heard GDW, it was AWESOME, and hearing ISA for the first time was like a RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE, the GREATNESS of that song NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME!

Then, I got the Dance video first, then the CD, and HOLY SMOKES, ISA, Big Love, GI, SS!!!!!

I was hesitant to get Tusk because of stuff I read on the net (Bad net, BAD!!), but I finally got it, and it was wierd the first listen, but now, it's like, WHY DID I NOT GET INTO THIS BAND SOONER!!!!

I must be consumed with every song, demo, outtake, rarity, etc that my grubby little ears can listen to!

Actually, after hearing Holiday Road and DATUSA last year, I got Lindsey's albums OOTC and GI first and they BLEW ME AWAY. Hearing Surrender the Rain, I fell in love with the song and Lindsey right then. I just recently got L&O, and it was wierd at first, but it is GREATNESS!! Shadow of the West is hauntingly engaging!! Geez, I sound like a music reviewer with those stupid words, but the song is just gorgeous.

Also, when I got BN from Ebay, I was AMAZED by Frozen Love and Races are Run, also by the demo of Sorcerer, which was included on my BN bootleg (shhhh...) CD.