View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 11:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Let's not also forget that Stevie has a powerful publicist who could easily plant stories in the NY Post -- it's not that hard to do. Same with Irving Azoff. It seems to me that the NY Post could easily have been tipped by someone wanting a nasty article about Lindsey to come out. The fact that Vanessa Carlton has tweeted about these allegations on multiple occasions makes me believe this is coming from Stevie's camp.

As for the facts -- Lindsey's history is problematic. There are multiple accounts of physically violent incidents with women that have been recounted by multiple people close to the band, and for me there's enough there to believe that it happened. By all accounts he has done the work to change himself and is not drinking/drugging as was the case when the violent incidents allegedly. I have not heard any account of whether this conduct occurred between him and Stevie that has convinced me, but she has a right not to want to work with him for this reason, any reason or no reason at all. However, to the extent that she and/or her camp are using these allegations to take him down to save her reputation though, it strikes me as especially nasty. Sadly, this stuff is alway going to be somewhat of a ticking time bomb for Lindsey, so one wonders if the intent is to try to get him to back off by scaring him.