View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
OMG
This song does not belong on Tango. It would stand out like a sore thumb. Its great on SYW. Tango is full of synthetic, programmed, synth pop. Everybody Finds Out has none of that and everyone is playing the hell out of their instruments.
I think some of you Tango worshippers unconsciously acknowledge Tango's weaknesses and always trying to put other songs on it.
While Tango was a huge success, it way underperformed in sales in the states by the amount of hit singles it had. IMHO, that sums it up. Its safe, predictable pop music but there was no rush to go buy it. Everybody Finds Out is unpredictable and unprogrammed and its perfect where it is

IMHO it was refreshing to hear Lindsey's muted criticism of Tango recently about how safe and predictable it was. It was done on purpose to get Mick out of bankruptcy and be a pop success while creativity took a back seat. SYW is Lindsey at his best, always fighting for creativity and demonstrating it. To mix up these albums is comparing apples to watermelons IMHO.

I love EFO on SYW. My point is it could have been on Tango. Listen to it between Big Love and Family Man.