View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood statement
Daily Mail online

'My dearest friend': Mick Fleetwood declares Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green 'blazed one hell of a musical road for so many to enjoy' as he dies aged 73
Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green has died in his sleep, a statement from solicitors confirmed
The influential blues rock guitarist from Bethnal Green, London co-founded band Fleetwood Mac in 1967
Green quit after a final performance in 1970 as he struggled with his mental health and drug abuse issues
By JACK WRIGHT and RYAN FAHEY FOR MAILONLINE

Mick Fleetwood has today paid tribute to his band co-founder, calling Peter Green 'my dearest friend' and said they 'trail blazed one hell of a musical road for so many to enjoy'.

Fleetwood and Green formed the influential group in London in 1967, alongside John McVie and Jeremy Spencer. Green, who has died at the age of 73, later left the band after struggling with his mental health.

In a statement today, 73-year-old Fleetwood said: 'For me, and every past and present member of Fleetwood Mac, losing Peter Green is monumental. Peter was the man who started the band Fleetwood Mac along with myself, John McVie, and Jeremy Spencer. No one has ever stepped into the ranks of Fleetwood Mac without a reverence for Peter Green and his talent, and to the fact that music should shine bright and always be delivered with uncompromising passion. Fleetwood added: 'Peter, I will miss you, but rest easy your music lives on. I thank you for asking me to be your drummer all those years ago. We did good, and trail blazed one hell of a musical road for so many to enjoy. God speed to you, my dearest friend....... Love Mick Fleetwood.'

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood