View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I know she’s said in the past her father didn’t like the Other Side of the Mirror, and that she didn’t like Street Angel, so you’re probably right about RAL. And she could sing Sister Honey for myself and other “RAL freaks out there,” but she’d be smarter to sing her last top 10 hit Talk to Me instead.

As for RAL being an un-Stevie like album… that’s probably why I do like it.
All of those albums she was heavily addicted to drugs which definitely hurt the quality.
RAL was just a party. She could care less about the sound or song writing
OSOTM she had trouble writing and was too drugged to notice many things
Street Angel was a noble effort but it was her rock bottom.

I dont think she cares for the song Talk To Me. She did it on RAL as necessary promotion and dropped it on her next tour. She dug it out again for her promotion of Timespace since it was one of the songs on the album. Besides Street Angel which she was trying to be relevant again, has she ever performed it again? Her RAL staples in concert have always been No Spoken Word and HAEWAFY.

I always saw the quality of I sing for the things. But always hated the song because of the cheezy electronic bass and other 80s gadgets. It needed to be acoustic or uptempo like on Wild Heart. She sounds so fragile on the RAL version and you can tell not much effort was put into the song. Having said all that, its still in the better half of songs on RAL (which is not saying much).

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-16-2023 at 09:14 AM..