View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This was a great interview. I did not realize what a mover and shaker she was. She dated Ritchie Sambora at his prime in the late 80s is all you need to know. Ritchie dated Heather Locklear in the 90s and they were the power couple. For her to date him when he could have any woman in the world tells you everything you need to know.

A few themes keep popping up. The drinking was really bad. It was shocking to learn from Billy that the Beach Boys fired Fleetwood Mac from their tour because of Mick and Billy's drunken antics. But she says she was drunk most of the time too. Mick puking in buckets says much.

Everyone still walking on eggshells with Stevie. Chris personally gives her permission and encouragement to do her songs live. Yet Christine warns her about doing some Steive signature songs. For the love of GOD, here we go again. It almost feels like Buck/Vie not calling their album Fleetwood Mac.

Mick treats everyone as disposable for his personal monetary gain. He needed her but then saw bigger bucks without her and fired her. Sounds like Lindsey's firing too.

There was a Dance interview with Stevie where she is asked about Bekka and Stevie puts on the record she was concerned they were going to perform her songs.

Stevie accusing someone of over singing is funny. Bekka should have responded that at least she remembers the lyrics to her songs

Good that Pat Benatar was so nice to her. Sadly Stevie was not.

I wish we still could get the context of that photo of Stevie on stage with her in Nashville posted here years ago.

A few interesting tid bits in her repeatedly referring to Stevie not being well. Was the band just making time (pardon the pun) until Stevie was well enough to come back. Was the Dance delayed because of Stevie's well being? Is this the reason Chris warned Bekka about Stevie songs because she knew they would all have to deal with Stevie again. Hmmmm.

What Chris wanted to say:

Chris: Look Bekka, Stevie is very sensitive and psycho just like Lindsey said. Its not smart to sing Stevie songs. You look better than her and can sing better than her. Mick needs her back so he can get out of bankruptcy again.
Bekka: I am sorry, I will not offend anyone. I just want to sing.
Chris: Yes darling but we are the ones that will have to deal with the aftermath. Sing my songs all you want and sing them with heart.
Bekka: Thanks Chris. That means so much to me.
Chris: Please watch playing that tambourine. Just make sure to always play the beat and not off beat otherwise Stevie will accuse you of copying her trademark.
Bekka: God help me. What did I get myself into.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-10-2023 at 09:12 AM..