View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
For what it's worth, some wikipedian or other has changed the Fleetwood Mac article to the past tense:

"Fleetwood Mac were a British-American rock band, formed in London in 1967. Fleetwood Mac were founded by guitarists and vocalists Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer, and drummer Mick Fleetwood...."

That kind of feels right, despite Mick's slight equivocation. I suppose technically we've been here before in the 1996-1997 interregnum but even allowing for the strangeness of the band's final incarnation, it's a sad day.

Rest in peace and pieces, Fleetwood Mac. Thank you, guys and gals.
With Christine gone, I wouldn’t want to see any combination of the remaining members touring or recording as “Fleetwood Mac,” but reading that wiki page in past tense was like a punch in the gut.

Like, what do you do when, not just your favorite band, but your favorite anything, the people and art that defined your life (and for many of us born in the 70s or later, your whole life) are over? Really, it was all over on 11/30, but there’s something so surreal about seeing “Fleetwood Mac was…” written out like that.

I suppose this is how the past 40+ years must have felt for Beatles fans. We’re lucky to have had them for so long, and of course we’ll always have the music, but it still feels so weird… like now what? I guess I need a new hobby or something?

Thank you, Fleetwood Mac, for bringing us along on the wildest ride in rock and roll history.