Thread: Solo 2022
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
So if things go well, pandemic wise, she will do these festivals. So there will be no Fleetwood Mac tour in 2022. If she works on another album or her miniseries on Rhiannon, the prospect of another Mac tour wouldn't be for a few more years. At that time, we are talking mid to late 70's and who knows if Neil or Mike would be available. I'm thinking we might have seen the last of Fleetwood Mac onstage unless it's Mick, Chris, John and Lindsey.

Stevie said these are her last youthful years and I'm thinking it will be all about her projects that she has wanted to do. I just hope we really see them come to fruition. Another 24K album, a book, the Rhiannon project. I can do without the constant touring.
Christine is currently 78, she'll be 79 in July. If Stevie does stuff other than FM for another year or two, we've got band members in their 80s. Not gonna happen. And I for one wouldn't pay to go see it. John just turned 76, Mick's turning 75 in June, and Stevie will be 74 in June.

I get why Stevie is mad at losing the 2+ years to COVID. However, she said in an interview that she was going stir crazy cooped up in her house, and that she's in a bubble with a few friends, and those friends said to her "hey we should record a whole bunch of stuff since we're stuck here" and she reported that she told them (in what came off as a real huff) that it was easy for THEM to say that when SHE is the one on the hook to come up with stuff to record.

Well, guess what, this would have been that perfect time to work on the Rhiannon stuff she always cried she didn't have time for.

Turn those journals into a book.

Alllllll the projects she SAYS she wants to do. The reality is, she can't focus.

One good thing about Dave Stewart was he cranks out content and pushed her to do same-- album, photo exhibits, etc.

Here's the other thing.... after a certain point you just can't pull off looking like the same Stevie Nicks you always did. There's only so much botox and plastic surgery before it makes you look hideous. And I don't see her as the 'age gracefully' type. When her looks decline further, I just think she's gonna have hard time. Her voice is already mostly gone.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-27-2022 at 11:34 PM..