View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I really miss him, and it's sad for me to know I discovered his music shortly before his death...
2012. Ten years ago. With my sister fell in love with FM's music one year before, so we started to collect their music. We really loved Bare Trees as "the rare album" of FM without Lindsey or Stevie Nicks. We enjoyed it very well, so we decided to know more about the Welch days. We bought Penguin back then, and we really liked!! Bright Fire was just like "BOOOOM" in my head, even when my favourite there is Caught In The Rain. A few weeks later, Bob died. And then I read Bob Weston died before. And Bob Brunning. I was really sad, but more for Bob Welch. I heard Sentimental Lady and Ebony Eyes and I was very very empty.
I can't believe it was all ten years before. I still feel it a bit fresh, like if it happened only two or three years ago! I miss him, but I must admit I laught a lot with his works on the 1995 documentary about the history of the band. A very nice guy!
I probably wrote this on this thread but when I first got a computer in 1999 I remember visiting his website. He would answer questions from fans and do all sorts of online chats with fans and sold autographed CDs. I remember thinking "cool" but the Mac was pretty much a dead band and he was not on my mind as much. Looking back I was such a fool. I always loved him but my appreciation of Bob has grown so much over the years. I am starting to like the pre-Nicks era more than the Nicks era.

BTW, are you ready for Sunday? Im going to an Argentina party here in Miami