View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Bob was great, and FM should be ashamed that they've ignored his legacy.

I was just reading a couple of his posts I'd saved, literally an hour ago, after reading the publishing thread in the other forum. He was responding to questions that I'd asked him. So approachable, and so nice.

I left Nashville(where he lived) the morning he committed suicide. When I got to my other place, I checked in here, and saw that he'd died. My heart sank. I'd always dreamed of inviting him and Wendy out to dinner, and I'm reasonable sure they might have accepted. I was just too afraid of rejection. Regrets, I've got a few...
I have regrets too. He used to call our house back in the day to talk w Marty about us promoting his new album etc . I was so busy w the kids that I usually just passed off the phone pretty quickly. How I wish now I had taken more time to talk! He was such a nice guy and gave us a lot of great info. I sent him several xmas cards. I remember we had tossed around the idea of going to visit him in Nashville and talk about FM. Never happened but i wish it had. I do appreciate him and his contribution to this band. Wish he'd written that book he talked about doing...

--Lis