View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
I saw Cyndi Lauper when she opened for Tina Turner (which I believe was also the same year as "The Dance"). Did not expect her to be the phenomenal performer she turned out to be live. Obviously, Tina scorched earth the place when she finally took the stage, but Cyndi killed it and proved herself worthy to be on the same stage. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

On a side note, I remember paying $64 and some change for 7th row center floor seats. No Ticketmaster BS like today. Couldn't imagine what the ticket prices would be today for the same concert.
$64 to see Tina and Cyndi? I can only imagine what the price would be today! I actually won tickets many many years ago to see Cher, and Cyndi was the opening act- unfortunately, they were nose bleed seats but still, Cyndi Lauper blew Cher out of the water. I mean, Cher was good, but it was so choreographed, with Cirque de Soli performers and such, while Cyndi came out and just killed it, just as you described. She sang songs I had never heard before that sounded so good, and she even went into the audience at one point while singing. I had never seen anything like that. I’ve been wanting to see her live solo ever since, but never have. She’s touring Australia with Rod Stewart next year, but I can’t afford that LOL but maybe she’ll do some US dates.