View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
She is the boss and probably has been the boss since 1987 when she brought in members of her backing band to the group.
That was only the tip of the iceberg. In 1987 is when she got the lion's share of the tour proceeds. Lindsey's departure only facilitated her manager to go big. Lindsey was gone but they needed to reassure the world that Stevie, the lead singer of Fleetwood Mac was still there and performing her songs.
Even Stevie has said that her management tried to convince her to leave the sinking ship of Fleetwood Mac as it could damage her solo career. She was loyal and kept on but the money made her stay. The RAL tour had Stevie filling arenas and double backing to cities that were sold out. Stevie had power and was a huge attraction. In most US cities the RAL tour had similar attendance as the Tango tour the following year. Stevie's management made it clear she no longer needed Fleetwood Mac but if she was to tour with them, she only deserved the lion's share of the proceeds. Whether you are called the boss or not, that amount of power indirectly makes you the boss.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-25-2022 at 10:26 AM..