View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's my take.

Stevie HAD a very successful solo career but since 89 not a single platinum album or top 40 single. Sure she had a top 5 and 2 top 10 debuts but like Eddie Trunk once said on his radio show where is it in the charts this week? (This was in reference to artists or promoters etc who like to trumpet the debut chart numbers for x artist no matter how low the sales were.

What many including herself fail to see is that great songwriting only goes so far. Someone has to produce and arrange the music.

She had allot of help over the years with her music from many people. Lindsey, Tom, Keith, Jimmy etc. Without them I don't think her career would have been as successful. They took her poems and made them come alive. She's not a producer or arranger.

Just because she and or FM can sell tickets to mostly nostalgia tours it doesn't make them any better or worse than Lindsey. He wants to create she wants to milk the past. If he is happy and his fans are happy so be it. If the Stevie Fans want to pay big bucks for the sing song golden oldies tours fill your boots.

They may think they haven't harmed the legacy of the band but they did. Because when it is truly over people will remember how it ended on a low note.

I also can't stand Irving. Frey was barely in the ground and he was already thinking of ways to keep the cash cow going. Same with that big package tour with Motley Crue. Vince Neil can't sing anymore but Irving expects people to pay top dollar to watch that **** show? He's the master of the sleazy money grab. Does anyone know if Irving is even correct about this tour being the most successful.

If the last tour was so successful why was the tour manager touting in the press the demand for tour t shirts or why were fans being moved up to fill great seats on the floor.

Brett Tuggle was right when he said if they toured another time the interest wouldn't be there. The new lineup is now old and with nothing forthcoming in terms of new music the interest wouldn't be there I don't think ( at least in the numbers they would want).

I also agree that Stevie has surrounded herself with hangers on who will never tell her the straight truth. If she thinks she can still be singing in her 80's with her current voice she's nuts.

If the band is truly done I'm glad. Let Lindsey spend his final years being creative and let SN rehash the past and play the blame game for whatever she's mad at now or in the future.