View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Hold Me was only a hit because of the limelight of Bella Donna. Stevie leaving Fleetwood Mac for her smash album created a huge music buzz. I remember it was in all the papers and on the radio that after her smash album she was already back in the Mac. Her album was still high on the charts still charting singles when Hold Me was released. Her last single from Bella Donna was released in April 1982 and Hold Me was released just 2 months later. I remember on the radio they would introduce Hold Me as the latest single from Stevie's band Fleetwood Mac. Many thought the Mac jumped the shark after Tusk and then Stevie had this HUGE solo album. People were shocked that she was back in the Mac so fast. Even Stevie said she never mentioned Bella Donna in France because she did not want to put it in their face. All that drama, news media, and limelight from #1 Bella Donna made Hold Me a huge hit. Without that, it probably would have charted Love in store territory or maybe #18 or #19. But all the drama if Stevie was leaving the Mac after her huge album still riding high on the charts pumped Hold Me to be one of the biggest hits of 1982.