View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Mary Anne's right about the book. It is a really great read. I had a hard time putting it down. It made me into a bigger fan...just not necessarily a bigger Mick fan. I highly recommend it.

I've talked to two people who met Lindsey and both of them found him to be extremely nice and (sorry to be cliche) down to earth and all. Of course I've never met any of them.

As for the drama with the UK people and his board and all...I really don't even know where to begin with that. There was a thread about it and I had to go look for some headache medication after reading it. I'm not sure how to search for it; I can't think of any good key words. Pip would tell you about it, I'm thinking, but I'm not sure that she's reading this thread.
Well, yeah, I've heard different things about Lindsey. Either he was fabulous to fans, or not so fabulous. I'm inclined to believe he was probably not so fab during the Mac's hey-day. I think they all count their blessings a little more these days. During the 70s, and even early 80s judging from boots, articles, etc, I think they might have taken a lot of it for granted. Despite the fact that their success was not instant, nor were times in between very easy for any of them.

I know Christine--ever the classy, gracious one -- always made sure to thank the fans and make a little speech before Songbird, and that Stevie had something to say as well, but Lindsey's usual sign off was "You guys are f*cking great!", or something like that. John, well... LOL. I never heard much from him to begin with.
Now Mick has his "Take care of yourselves, and in this crazy world, remember to take care of one another" ending. Which is nice, but not something I think he would've said in the earlier days.

Again, like you said, I've never met any of them personally, so I have no idea. This is just my opinon.

Last edited by goldustsongbird; 10-17-2005 at 05:18 PM..