View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I was actually most intrigued by Christine's statement about wanting to pursue solo work and that she'd let the band know she wasn't keen on any more big tours.

Interesting because when she did the 1984? solo album she said in some interviews that she kind of did it because it was sort of expected, since the other two had done solo albums....and that she really didn't seek to be a 'front person'

Also, if she was not keen on any more big Mac tours, had her fear of flying started? If so, how was she thinking she'd promote even a solo album??
Looking back it sounds intriguing but not really. Chris has made this statement so many times and nothing happened. In 1984 after her solo album she said it was so fun she was making another one with cover songs. In 1987 in that Tango interview she said she was going to make another one after Tango. During the Dance interview she said she still had a solo album to make. And yes in this interview she says the same.
She always said it but unfortunately it never happened again till 2004.
Her 1984 solo tour dates were fairly extensive for a small tour. Many dates did not sell well. When I saw her the paper said there were only around 500 people in attendance. But no dates were ever cancelled. I applaud Chris or her management or tour promoter who kept it going despite its less than stellar reception. It rolled on by tour bus across the entire USA. A few years ago I posted here a review of Chris's show from 1984. The music reviewer said despite the low attendance it was one of the best concerts that came to Pittsburgh the entire 1984 year.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-31-2023 at 06:15 AM..