Thread: Paper Doll
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I agree with you. Stevie's lyric contribution for Seven Wonders was "All the way down to Emmaline".
I consider Everyday, Talk to Me, Sometimes It's a Bitch, Stop Draggin' Stevie songs too. But I don't consider Just Like a Woman or Carousel Stevie Nicks songs because they were released first by someone else. But they are good covers by Stevie.

It's rather than its?!!! I believe it's a Stevie composition. The talk of listening to your spirit, trying to survive, standing between you and love. It sounds Stevieish.
Stevie said she resents the song because it replaced Silver Springs on the album. I wish she would've dons it with Neil.
I feel exactly as you do about all those songs you mentioned being Stevie songs. And here I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

As for I Don’t Want to Know, no way do I believe Stevie didn’t write that. The whole reason they put that song on the album was to placate her because they took Silver Springs off Rumours- I hardly think taking SS off and putting a song written by Lindsey on instead would have made her feel better.