View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 04:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Sorry for the late reply/post. Just had to quickly chime in. This is probably my favorite Stevie solo album. A lot of fans complain about the production but I honestly think the production is pretty sterling for 1989. Organic sounding compared to RAL. The synths and electronic elements could have been much more prominent. Rupert Hine was very into the electronic music scene producing other artists, so he definitely showed some restraint on this one. Her voice sounded much better than on RAL. Rooms On Fire is my favorite of her solo songs and I wish it wasn’t so underrated and overlooked. It’s seems like it’s never mentioned. It sometimes gives me goosebumps when I hear it. Truly beautiful, just like the rest of the tracks (except Cry Wolf and I Still Miss Someone). You have to take into consideration the state Stevie was in professionally and personally when it comes to listening to this album. She was going through some transitioning. Nonetheless, this was my first solo album of hers that I ever bought. I was hooked and listened to it every day after school for months. The lyrics are sooo Stevie and some of them are very moving. Also, what about some of the outtakes from this time period like Beautiful Ghost, Dial The Number, Love And War (Mixdown) or Prettiest Girl In The World. Some of those could have replaced the 2 covers. It’s hard to believe it’s been 32 years.

Last edited by svnwndrs; 06-09-2021 at 04:53 PM..