View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 08:12 AM

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think the high harmony on this is Doug Graves, because it doesn't sound like the Record Plant version.

As with "Spare Me A Little," I thought the BN version got a little...Melrose Place? If that makes sense. Like, too safe, bordering on bland, but not altogether bad.

The BN version of "Believe Me" was horrible. It just plodded along, making me wish it was over. The best was the Record Plant version, which blows away every other version, followed by the Midnight Special version. The Record Plant version is a power pop classic, or at least should have been. I always put it on my power pop comps and people are blown away when they find out who it was.
I love that there is even a Midnight Special to watch. That also indicates to me that they did have a fan base and folks did know who they were at that time. They definitely were much more widely known than B/N. (USA wise) Christine and Bob really carry the band well as leads.

I believe you on the high harmony because I felt it didn't sound like Welch.