View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I would almost definitively say that most artists have 0 control over when a product is released, so posts saying Lindsey should have released his album on so and so date kind of makes me chuckle. Like you, I’m certain the record company makes that decision.

I also COMPLETELY understand why not just the folks you mention (whom I have no idea who they are) but also the other members of FM would have a problem with Lindsey performing solo concerts on their nights off. I believe 100% that ticket sales for FM would have been impacted. Lindsey fans would not only be able to see him perform FM songs, but at a lower price in a smaller venue- why wouldn’t Lindsey fans do that? Just imagine if Stevie asked to do the same thing- they would have said no, and for the same reasons. But even beyond ticket sales being impacted, I believe Lindsey’s performances with FM would not be at peak performance, certainly not at the same level as his solo concerts would be. I would say that about absolutely anyone- Lindsey, Stevie, you name ‘em. We caught a glimpse of that with the 2 big shows that occurred. A solo tour with music he loves, much of which he hadn’t performed live often, and then with FM singing some of the same songs? Just my opinion.
I'll buy your opinion about him not having the same energy at FM shows.
But I don't think Lindsey performing on off nights would have affected FM ticket sales. I believe the 800-1,000 people who see Lindsey would probably be going to an FM show as well or are just Lindsey fans and wouldn't go see FM with him in it or not in it.
I'm the person who'd go to both shows.