View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Yes, thanks Wouter!

The impression I had from Splinter Group is that Nigel Watson treated Green like an invalid. He did all the heavy lifting. That left the impression on me that PG didn't have his solo chops anymore. Even with Albatross, Watson took control. So to see, and hear Green retake his role as the main guitarist is a great sight to behold. "The Stumble" was one of the the only tunes Watson let Green perform in full, probably because no one can play it quite like him. BTW I have Long Grey Mare, but not Dance On.

That makes Nige sound proper sinister, iīm not sure that was case. I didīt really follow the splinter group that much because i didnt like nigel much performance wise.However i was very appreciative that he had managed to coax peter out of retirement and happy to know that he was playing again. I donīt think it was a sinister as that with nige in my opnion (well at least in the beginning)i feel like peter now wants to stand more on his own feet a bit more thats all, and nigel is surplus to requirements.
I noticed watching the vesion of the stumble from the hamster jam gig, a bit of facial blues snarl on Greenys face as he wrestled with his strat bending it to his will. Some proper nimbel finger work going down. Also the playing with the house band for that tv show is an excellent sign of a musician feeling more confident with his ability. This is all very promising, i will try not to get too excited .