Thread: Greeny Pvk era
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero
there are outtakes from in the skies on snowy's goldtop compilation, i understand. are these worth getting?

zero

Hello

"Goldtop" is a great album. I was a fan of Snowy's even before I was a fan of Peter's, and this CD was partly how I discovered Peter's music. There are two outtakes - "In The Skies" and "Slabo Day" (both instrumentals) and they're pretty damn good, particularly Slabo Day. There is a load of Snowy's other stuff on there too and it's a good way to start if you don't know much of his music.

In the sleeve notes Snowy says that these two tracks were rehearsals from the first day, down at the Who's studios in Shepperton, England. It is suggested that Peter was still unsure of himself in the studio and relied on Snowy to take the lead during these first rehearsals. Snowy plays lead on both tracks of course.

Also, I understood that most/all of the Kolors album consists of outtakes from the White Sky album sessions, rather than earlier albums. Could be wrong though - doesn't it say in the Celmins biography? My copy is hundreds of miles away and I can't check