View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Third day of listening: It's a small wonder; the diversity of songs, the rich melodies, the impeccable idiosyncratic production, the guts to do something different in every frigging song, using repetition in lyrics with always a slight addition/change musically, the rythmtracks that are highly original and different from eachother, it's all incredible. And the thing just floats. I don't have a fave on this record yet. It's simply stunning as a whole.

I don't know what happened with the guy, but he just HAS to go on with his homerecordings, although you could also state that he coul retire after this achievement. It's that amazingly good.
I've always loved Lindsey's ability to look past the conventional and do his own thing. It's what I try to do in my art work (you would NEVER catch me painting a watercolour or a landscape, for example. And I've been known to go skip diving in order to find materials worth using, a past example being an old, discarded toaster ). It's almost a trademark of Lindsey's to push the boundaries, and nine times out of ten it pays off for him in my opinion. I'm so glad this album sticks with the trend.

Not that we want him to retire. I'm sure he wouldn't be able to, anyway. He'd probably stay in his studio working until he's unable to even use the lavatory unaided lol.