View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I hate to be the Debbie Downer here but I had a different take on her statement about touring to promote her new CD. There obviously is going to be promotion which could bring a few live shows maybe in London with live strings or something. I dont think she wanted to put her foot down and be a buzz kill and say "absolutely not.....i cant play that much anymore and I am losing my voice." She also learned a lesson from her interview a few years ago when she said Fleetwood Mac was done. She received so much blow back that she learned to be coy with such questions. Lesson learned: Never say never to touring.
Maybe I am just trying to be realistic and grounded. If she really toured solo I would be the happiest person in the world. She does not have a huge following so I dont know how much a tour could make. She had a hit solo album in the peak of Fleetwood Mac and could only get a few hundred people to show up in major US cities. Even Buckingham/McVie could only sell half a small theater. So sadly I dont see the incentive to put a band together and tour.
Having said that, maybe she knows Fleetwood Mac is done and wants a swan song of her career and will do it by herself. But I just dont see it happening Prove me wrong Chris!!!!