View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Unless I know even less than I thought about computers, one cannot transfer iTunes to mediafire.

Also, although I could "gift" iTunes tracks to other people with US iTunes, one cannot do so internationally.
I was discussing this with a friend of my mothers in the USA who also says that the tracks wouldn't work if sent this way.

However, when I download in Australia they download in .m4a format which surely could be then zipped up, uploaded to mediafire (or the like) downloaded by me, unzipped, and converted to mp3 with something like Switch Sound File Converter and then added to my iTunes.

Apparently (and I haven't tried) you can create a US itunes account easily enough (create one using the address of a church in either Oregon or Florida apparently to avoid taxes?) and then get gift cards off the net. Obviously you can't use an Australian credit card to pay so you need US gift cards. You can buy these off ebay but apparently many of them are bought with stolen cards so they you get in trouble with Apple and can have your account cancelled. There are also services which offer to buy you US iTunes cards but not sure how legit they are.

While Apple does not "offically" allow this, I guess it would be better than pirating the music which would be a much easier option (but I'm trying to give Mr Burnette his $9.99).