View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
YES it is revealing and funny to hire a guitarist you don't know and may have met once or twice.
He was ready to hire Lindsey and Stevie after hearing the solo to “Frozen Love” and meeting Lindsey once. So, yeah, I can totally believe Mick would do something like that.

Quote:
Are you seriously saying Stevie had nothing to do with it? She never told Mick to call Mike?
I already said that I could see that coming from Mick, Irving, or Stevie. They decided to fire Lindsey, Stevie was obviously distraught over Tom’s death (watch her MusiCares speech if you have any doubt about where her mindset was at the time), and Mick‘s been the driving force for keeping the band going for over 50 years. It was an obvious choice and I’d be surprised if the thought didn’t cross his mind.

Quote:
She put on a Petty tribute during the Mac show as a coincidence?
For all we know, that was one of the points of contention during tour negotiations. Which, going back to an earlier point, if Stevie wanted to do a Petty tribute even when Lindsey was still in the band, wouldn’t that make Campbell an even more obvious choice?

Quote:
It was all planned by Stevie. Mick made her happy so she would stay with the band and he could make millions. Its not politics as you say.
You see them as conspiring backstabbers and I see them, at least as far as Mick is concerned, as a band that reached its breaking point with the internal dysfunction between Stevie and Lindsey and had to go into survival mode. If what elle was told was true, that they polled promoters to see if they wanted Stevie or Lindsey, that tells me continuing with both wasn’t possible and that they went with what was best for business. If we’re being honest, they were talking about the 2018 tour back in 2015, before Lindsey ever mentioned a solo album. So, when Mick said Lindsey left, Lindsey was the one who deviated from a long agreed upon plan, regardless of the actual impact it would have had on the band.

For the record, I would have been just as happy if they had fired Stevie. I’m a fan of the Brits. So long as Mick, John, and Christine are there, I’ll be happy. Hell, I would have been just as happy if they had fired both of them and brought back Billy, Rick, and Bekka.

(Watch Team Lindsey make state fair jokes without a hint of irony.)

Mick IS political to an absolute fault. Have you read his interviews, lately? It’s gotten so bad that you almost need a Little Orphan Annie decoder ring to understand what the hell he’s talking about.

THE Stephen Hopkins