Thread: Lori?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I dunno.... I think she and Mary were always close, and talked, but it seems like she pops up more nowadays in pics of Stevie and her entourage in different places. For example, Mary was def part of the group of friends she went traveling around the world with in the past 15 or so yrs, seeing all the sites she never saw when she was touring doing shows, e.g., Italy (where she got inspired to write Italian Summer). I'm guessing that's probably because Mary's kids(s) are grown, she's more available to do 'girl friend" stuff again.. I think a lot of Stevie's circle got married and had families and that doesn't lend itself to partying and jumping on a jet at the drop of a hat or helping Stevie move her bed into the closet at 3 am on a coke binge and all that sort of stuff....so her circle has to change over time to have friends who are as free spirited and unencumbered as Stevie is. (My mind also flashes to that scene in the DR doc when they are rehearsing for the tour and Stevie wants to keep going all night and get through the whole set and Lindsey, who had a wife and young kids was like "nope, I gotta be outta here at x time" because of his family obligations).

It's like Sharon lived in her house and was the person Stevie could wake up at 2 am to help her record a demo but eventually Sharon needed to be a grown up with her own place and her own significant other and all that. Lori married and became a mom and stopped touring, which Stevie at times was a bit judge-y about. Stevie needs a circle around her that puts her at the center of everything, and people can't do that once they have their own lives. Poor Karen.
I know Mary works for Stevie on solo tours and she did on the last FM tour. She does the teleprompter and I think the dressing rooms but definitely the teleprompters.

I remember in 2017 Stevie complained that rehearsal for The Classic West was at 2:00pm because Lindsey had to get home to have dinner with his wife and kids, because she wouldn't be awake at 2pm