View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake View Post
I’m a huge Fleetwood Mac fan. I love them all. Just saw Lindsey solo in Atlantic City this weekend. Fantastic show! If Stevie announces a tour tomorrow, I’ll be getting tickets to that as well. I’m just wondering, is there anyone else who feels the way I do?

It’s just so sad... all of this. I’m just trying to enjoy the music!
Hi, Christopher. I remember you! As a fan, I’m sort of an ambulance chaser. I enjoy the titillation of hearing all the squalid details. I love listening to the (old) music and discussing it with all of you, but I’m not hugely invested in anything and don’t get fairly tormented by any of it — unless I get drawn into it on a personal level. Otherwise, I’m inclined to want to play my small part in making everyone else’s day nice.

I don’t have as much interest as I used to have in the current music of the members, but that’s my esthetic response to what I consider bloated stage shows and album filler. The new Lindsey CD is a “fascinating parade of sounds,” as Noel Coppage described Tusk in Stereo Review in 1979, but since 1982, his work has sometimes felt desultory to me. Mick and John still sound great in the studio without all the live claptrap drowning them out. Some pre-1975 cuts from the Mac have the enduring power of Rumours, to my ears. What I love the most is all this exciting live audio flooding the market — it’s nostalgia for me and I hope it continues for years.

moviekinks.blogspot.com